Cashews are probably the most popular classic among nuts. Did you know that, strictly speaking, cashews are not nuts, but rather kernels? But regardless of whether they are nuts or kernels, our cashews have a crunchy, tender texture and enchant all cashew lovers with their slightly buttery aroma.
In addition to our whole cashews, we also offer the cheaper variant cashew kernels broken. When cracking the nut shell, the so-called cashew curd is produced in addition to the whole kernels.
Cashew broken kernels are in no way inferior in taste to our whole cashew kernels. Whether in muesli, roasted over curry dishes or for baking, our cashew curds are a true all-rounder in the kitchen. Cashews are also very popular in vegan cuisine. Due to their neutral taste profile and low fibre density, the kernels can be easily processed into milk, yoghurt, cream cheese, cheese, dessert creams or raw cakes.
The nutrients of cashews are also impressive. They are a high-quality vegetable protein source with 18g protein per 100g. They also provide you with high-quality magnesium, potassium and zinc, as well as a good portion of the amino acid tryptophan. Tryptophan is converted in our body to the happiness hormone serotonin. This means our cashews put you in a good mood and taste super delicious!
Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight, wrapped.
Average nutritional values per 100g
Energy 2416 kJ/577,00 Kcal
Fat 43,9 g
of which saturated fatty acids 7.8 g
of which monounsaturated fatty acids 23.80 g
of which polyunsaturated fatty acids 7.80 g
Carbohydrates 26.9 g
of which sugar 5.9 g
Dietary fibre 3.3 g
Protein 18.2 g
Sodium 12 mg
Salt 0,03 g
+ = present / – = not present / o = may contain traces of
– Cereals containing gluten and products made from cereals containing gluten*.
– Crustaceans and products derived from crustaceans
– Eggs and products derived from eggs
– Fish and products derived from fish
– Peanuts and products derived from peanuts
– Soya and products derived from soya
– Milk and products derived from milk (including lactose)
+ Nuts and products derived from nuts**
– Celery and products thereof
– Mustard and mustard products
– Sesame seeds and products thereof + Sesame seeds and products thereof
– Sulphur dioxide and sulphites (E220 t/m E228) > 10 mg/kg
– Lupine and products thereof
– Molluscs and products derived from molluscs
* Wheat, rye, barley, oats, spelt and products thereof
** Almonds (Amygdalus communis L.), hazelnuts (Corylus avellana),
Walnuts (Juglans regia), Cashew nuts (Anacardium occidentale), Pecans
(Carya illinoinensis (Wangenh.) K. Koch), Brazil nuts (Bertholletia excelsa),
Pistachio nuts (Pistacia vera), Macadamia nuts (Macadamia ternifolia)