Dried Nori Flakes Organic
Nori seaweed has a green-dark purple colour and tastes delicately of seafood, with a very slight smoked flavour.
Use of the nori flakes
When soaked, nori flakes go very well with salads or ceviche, and when cooked they are great in soups, croquettes, empanadas, rice dishes or stews. Since the flakes become 5 times larger when soaked or cooked than when dried, it makes sense to use only small quantities.
- for hydration: soak in water for 5 minutes.
- For cooking: boil in water for 5 minutes.
Healthy properties of seaweed
Seaweed is very versatile and can be used as an ingredient in all kinds of dishes as well as for seasoning. In addition, seaweed is very healthy as it contains many different nutrients and vitamins:
- It contains a lot of iodine. Even a small amount covers the daily requirement.
- Among other things, seaweed contains protein, soluble and insoluble fibre, vitamins B1 and B2, iron, manganese, copper, vitamin B12 and omega-3 fats.
- In smaller quantities it also contains vitamins A, C, E and K, folic acid, zinc, sodium, calcium and magnesium.
- Seaweed contain antioxidants
Directions for eating seaweed
Seaweed is naturally rich in iodine. Although iodine is very important for normal thyroid function, excessive intake can lead to thyroid dysfunction. Therefore, an average daily intake of no more than 0.2 mg iodine is recommended. The iodine content varies depending on the type of seaweed and the preparation method. Therefore, please pay attention to the information on the package.
May contain traces of crustaceans, shellfish and fish.
*from controlled organic cultivation